Thursday, May 24, 2007

Counterculture

Who knew that in a post 9/11 age we still have people that do not perceive the nature of the threat that the bad guys pose to us? Not six years after my generation's Pearl Harbor, the majority of the people in Santa Barbara side with the nutjobs who march down State Street on the weekends toting signs calling our President a Hitler. I understand why they may feel the way they do. This little paradise of ours is an enclave. Why would the medievalists want to attack Santa Barbara? We're safe here, right? We looooooove everyone; we need to try to understaaaaaand the Islamic extremists. I say WRONG. From the war on terror to global warming, universal health care to preservation of open spaces, campaign finance to the Granada Garage, it's all going to be fair game here. I want to let other conservatives know that we do have a voice in this city and in this county, and you can be heard here. We may be the counterculture in this town, but we do not have to be silent. And of course I encourage the detractors to post their comments and arguments. I will not filter you unless you say something completely offensive. I only started this blog because I myself was filtered by more than one of the mentally ill liberal bloggers, and it angered me to the point that I decided to give my side a say. Free speech is the heart of our being, and it will not be deflowered here.

No comments: