Monday, June 18, 2007

Sicko Shows on YouTube


Michael Moore is growing on me.



While I don't believe nearly a shred of his alarmist faux-documentary Farenheit 911, I have enjoyed his other films. Upcoming we will get his new film, Sicko, which by all accounts is a scathing representation of our health care industry. I will pay to see this film, unlike his last effort, which I borrowed from someone else that patronized this fat Bush basher. But alas I wake this morning to find that I don't have to pay to see Sicko. It's up on YouTube right now in something like 19 segments. As of an early Monday, June 18 article on Reuters, it was still up there, breaking every copyright law ever imagined.

Here's the kicker: Michael Moore doesn't care that we're stealing his movie. In his own words he said "I do well enough already," and says that the more people that see his movie, and get his message, the better. I like that. While I don't think that it's right to disseminate copyrighted material without the correct people getting paid for their work, the fact that the guy that stands to lose the most from this crime would rather you steal this movie instead of not paying for it and never seeing it at all validates Moore's passion for his work. He believes in what he does. It's weird to write this, but we need the Michael Moore's of the world to keep it fair, to keep it balanced. Even if you don't buy what he's selling you have to agree that he is a compelling voice, and a good lefty tit for my righty tat. See Sicko, whether it's online or in your local theater. Michael Moore doesn't care where.